The night of Thanksgiving we went to my sister Sherine's house and had a movie night. I have no idea why Bita looks so scared in the picture, we were watching Shrek 3.

It is always fun to watch movies with kids. Bella and Sofia provide commentary the whole time ie:
"Whass happing?!?" (said with big eyes)
"Wook at hew neckace!" (Sofia always notices shoes and necklaces)
"Babies!!"
I could go on. They talk the whole time.Tagan also provides his own commentary, it goes something like this:
"AGAGBUDI MOGI YABA!!!" said really loudly and with a lot of emotion. It is hilarious.
************************************************************************************
Friday we went and had lunch with Grandma Wendy at Brent's favorite place, Hires. Way crowded of course, but fun.
We then stopped at Derett and Ivy's house to play a little of Rock Band

Two guitars, a drum set, and a microphone. It was so much fun! I might ask Santa for the game for Christmas.
When we got home Papa Zach cam over to visit. It was fun to compare Cailyn's eyes with his. Please stay blue...Please stay blue...
Saturday we were able to take Jacob to the Jazz game. He really had a great time.


I think basketball may be Jacob's thing. He has really gotten into it. Heaven knows he is tall enough. He starts in a league in January, so it will be fun to see how he progresses. He told Brent that he should play for the Jazz next year. No problem.
Later we drove around downtown to see the lights. It was really beautiful. As we were driving, we saw Santa driving a horse and carriage. Jacob about died. He rolled down his window, stuck his head out and yelled,
"SANTA I HAVE BEEN GOOD THIS YEAR!"
I have one word for you.
Leverage.
That is one more thing to love about Christmas time.
"Don't want to clean up? That's fine, but Santa is watching..."
His room is clean before you can say Merry Christmas!
************************************************************************************Wwe went back to Sherine's to decorate Christmas cookies. For Bella, it wasn't really about the decoration as much as about the eating. She put the frosting on, then licked it off. Next cookie please.

Sofia, on the other hand, likes to stay neat and clean. She bypassed the whole frosting-the-cookie part all together, and just ate the frosting straight from the cup. Nice.

Jacob decorated a nice snowman. He covered the table with sprinkles too trying to get it just right, what an artist!

Notice his shirt? Yes, we can't forget about the football game!. The rivalry, the emotion, the handfuls of hair that Grandpa pulls out of his head...
Grandpa gets especially stressed. I tried to get a picture of him pulling out his hair-- but I couldn't catch him. I think those games are bad for his health! Cai even got a little stressed the last minutes of the game:

My mom is not a football fan, but these games mean a lot, because it determines the mood of her husband for weeks to come.
GO BYU!!
No comments:
Post a Comment